Monday 22 January 2024

Current Issues ın ELT

  

 Current Issues ın ELT

 In this article, you will read about my thoughts and experiences with the current issues in the teaching course.
    First things first, It was the course I never wanted to miss, and I felt lucky to take it from Mrs.Kurt. To be honest, it was very challenging for us. Even if the tasks looked easy to complete, they were a lot. It was tiring, but it kept our minds fresh. It was working like gear all the weeks. Therefore, our minds were always ready to create something new. and I was shocked that we achieved it. That's why, even if I was exhausted, I didn't complain about the task load. I applied the tasks I had done and used the ideas we had discussed in the class at the time I was working in a language course. and I saw how the current issues course developed my perspective and teaching skills, or whether the materials we designed are really helpful, as my instructor claimed. One of the most seminal materials was using corpora for me. because I always had a question like that: ıf we must not translate the meanings word by word or in the L1, how else can I teach ıt? and how the way ı use can be engaging and encouraging the learner. but when I learned about corpora, I was enlightened. I believe that there are much more things about that course. So my advice for newcomers is to not see the tasks as loads and try to enjoy learning. Believe me, it will get easier and more beneficial for you. I even say I wish this course would be next term for the same syllabus and we had much more time to create and improve our materials. Maybe we could focus much more meticulously on them.
    My last word for our instructor's Thank you for your devotion and precious time. You are kind of an ıdol for new generations, both as a woman and as an academician. I will always mention you and be proud to have a chance to take courses from you.

        See you soon.

        Take care of yourself .🙋 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Current Issues ın ELT

     Current Issues ın ELT   In this article, you will read about my thoughts and experiences with the current issues in the teaching cours...