Sunday 8 January 2023

DO YOU LIKE MURDER FILMS?


 

DO YOU LIKE MURDER FILMS?

PICTURE FROM HERE 

    Consider 3 friendly middle-aged men who have been together since high school.Selim, the most logical and dignified of the group that branded his father's clothing store...Nihat, a naive man who manages his life with the financial aid he constantly gets from his friends and his small bookstore...Kenan, who has tasted almost all the pleasures of life and is still looking for different adventures, is single and rich, still a handsome insurance broker...

    Here, the whole story begins with a photography exhibition that Kenan, one of these three, wants to open in order to become immortal. The subject of the exhibition is the unsolved murders in Beyoğlu. Ahmet Ümit is the author of the story, who reflects the adventures of the three friends, which excite them from time to time, then despair and finally leave them in awe, with unique descriptions and intense emotions.

    Of course, it's a novel, but what if it was a movie? Wouldn't you like to watch this adventure with talented actors, stunning music, and the mysterious natural set of Beyoğlu?

    I would love to :) That's why I did this week's poster preparation task by preparing the movie poster of this gripping book that I finished in two days. I even determined the Turkish actors who would portray the characters in the story, taking into account their appearance and character descriptions. This was the most entertaining part. It amused me to get ideas from my friends to choose the most suitable one by considering the roles each actor has played in the past. Afterward, I searched for two beautiful sentences from the book that I wanted to emphasize for a long time. I didn't know which one to put and had a hard time choosing.

     I also had to find a tagline to make my movie interesting. 'Do secrets hide murders or do murders hide secrets?' I wrote. Because at the beginning of the novel, there is a murder full of secrets, but at the end, a new murder is committed so that those secrets can be kept.

    I really liked the poster that appeared when I applied all of these processes. The tool I use, CANVA, also helps.I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this application, which I had fun while making and offers plenty of options, until now. But I will not leave my students unannounced. I suggest you to take a look.

 See you soon.

Take care of yourself .🙋




No comments:

Post a Comment

Current Issues ın ELT

     Current Issues ın ELT   In this article, you will read about my thoughts and experiences with the current issues in the teaching cours...