Sunday 8 January 2023

STORYTELLING

 

STORYTELLING  


     I've always been writing stories to myself since I was little. I find characters for these stories and visualize them in my own head. This time, I animated my dreams by voicing them with real characters. Are you ready to listen to the story of the animated movie I created with my friend Sara BAL?

     Another technology lesson and various activities... Our homework this week was storytelling. My friend and I were afraid we wouldn't be able to do it, and for days we didn't decide what to present. Then, to end this suffering, we got together in an empty classroom at our school and were able to prepare plot scenes characters in 3 hours. 

 
    The plot part took a lot of time. We thought a lot about what kind of story we should create. Then we gave up on this and wandered around in the tool we were going to use. That's what helped us come up with this idea. It made our job very easy and fast to fit a story into a background that we liked there. We both showed a real collaboration example. At every step, we both presented ideas and put them into practice and created  'Leyla's Dilemma'.
      
    I can't say there was no problem. We were very upset when we realized that the application we used, Pixton, was just a comic application. Because we needed to animate it. After thinking for a while, we thought that we could turn the scenes we created here into a movie in another application, and we immediately started researching new ways and applications. Finally, we found the best fit for us. The voiceover remained. We also  needed a man in that part. Sara came up with a great solution and turned her own voice into a male voice with a voice changer app. 

      I don't know if I would give this task to my students because it even forced me. I think it would be more difficult for them. But I had very good ideas for my own training materials and course schedules. For example, I can prepare the dialogues that we have created to keep the grammar topics in mind, in the form of animations, for the children myself. Maybe I can help them learn English and have a good time by doing it together in the classroom. I can upload my students' homework, work, and drawings and animate them. I'm sure they will be happy about it.

    For now, these are my dreams and my dreams. If you want to watch our animation, you can find it here.

    See you soon.

    Take care of yourself .🙋



No comments:

Post a Comment

Current Issues ın ELT

     Current Issues ın ELT   In this article, you will read about my thoughts and experiences with the current issues in the teaching cours...